Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Trendy Tuesday: Tortoise Necklaces

With my kind of coloring, tortoise has always been one of my favorite designs {colors} when choosing sunglasses. In fact, I think just about everyone looks good in tortoise. Lately I have been seeing a lot of tortoise necklaces and I think I need one of them in every shape and size that they come in right now. I just cannot get enough of these eye-catching gems. I think they are very versatile and go with many different outfits and colors.


My current favorite style is the tortoise resin links. This one is currently at J.Crew and has some bling mixed in with it.


This necklace is on their weekly outlet sale, and I actually think that I like it better for wearing every day.


 And of course there is the knock-off on eBay, which is pretty cute, too.


The best part about this trend to me is that tortoise is such a classic look. Dress it up, dress it down, it is going to look great any way you style it. Here are a few of my other tortoise necklace picks.



Untitled #40

11 comments:

  1. I love the monogrammed necklace, and the JCrew tortoise links necklaces what a fun necklace to wear this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hold the phone...there is a tortoise monogram necklace!! Definitely adding to my "buy" list. Love this post! Tortoise has always been a favorite of mine, so chic!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't go wrong with tortoise, I agree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally a classic. I have tortoise glasses for work, so sadly I would be shell overkill adding a necklace. For some reason in my head, I picture myself looking like the Cruella De Vil of tortoises... even though it isn't real shell.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been eyeing the Jcrew necklace too. Love the blng mixed in. Tortoise is so classic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that tortoise necklace! Off to buy the knock-off version! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really loving tortoise necklaces too! I really love that monogrammed one. I almosttttt got that one and then decided a plain white one was more practical. Love them all though!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. that first necklace is on my ultimate wishlist! And I have that second JCrew one and live in it.... goes with everything. I agree that tortoise is amazing, love it!

    http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never been a fan of tortoise anything. Last year my mum bought me a tortoise necklace - because she thought it would look good. I was less than thrilled to say the least, however when I finally tried it on I loved it. The color definitely goes great with my skin. I have actually been trying to find a couple cute ones to buy for summer. xo

    ReplyDelete