Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Get Healthy

As it has become my typical Wednesday topic, I awoke this morning thinking about my fitness and health post for today. After a conversation Bryan and I had last night, I cannot begin to tell you how distraught I am about what people do to their bodies these days. Our world has a misconception that everyone needs to be rail thin like the sickly models we see showcasing the latest fashions, yet more people are more obese than ever before. I will not allow myself to get on a tangent about all of the unhealthy ways or fad diets that people are using, because the fact is plain and simple that your body will not function properly and the fat will not stay off unless you get it in shape the healthy way by eating right and exercising.


I know that everyone, myself included, can get into ruts where it is hard to pull out. But, just because you haven't worked out in the past week doesn't mean that you don't need to go today. In order for your body to be its very best you need to take care of it.


It's the little things in life that can slowly add up to making you a healthier you. You don't need to overwhelm yourself and get bogged down. Put back the carton of ice cream when you are at the grocery store. Take the dog on a walk around the neighborhood twice instead of just once.


Need something fun to do at the beginning and end of your dog walk? Do some jumping jacks.


Incorporating fruit into your every day diet is another small step to take to living a healthier lifestyle. My mother in law is the world's best about making a fruit platter when we are visiting and putting it in the fridge to have for snacking.


One of my favorite breakfast meals is fruit, Greek yogurt and walnuts mixed with rolled oats. There are many different combinations you can make with these basic ingredients.

via

My challenge for you this week? Put back the chips and coke for a snack and pick up a piece of fruit and a glass of water.

12 comments:

  1. Love this post!!! May be the little push I've needed! Thinking Ill print all the photos and post on my fridge for inspiration!!! Xoxo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this post! I have been in a rut lately and am on my way to get out of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great inspiration! I love the "more reasons to eat fruit" guide. I want to go get all those yummy fruits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great post! It's motivating and I love the facts about fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just what I needed to hear :)

    I've been in a little rut for about 3 weeks now. I went running yesterday and my feet felt like they weighed 100 lbs each. No energy here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post!! I need these types of reminders every so often. I will probably come back and reread this one on a regular basis so I get back on the wagon if I should fall off. Stacie xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an inspiring post! All easy things to do, if you just do it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this, esp the little helpful hints. Such great ideas.

    Tab
    my-cliffnotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post!! Love the pics of the fruit and what they help protect! Very inspiring! I am trying to tai off the baby weight and have been debating blogging about it. It is hard. But I have made some serious changes. And it is starting to pay off!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very motivating post! I agree with you, it is sad to see how people treat their bodies these days. I like to remember we really are what we eat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful info! That breakfast sounds so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing this! I needed this today! I get down and out after I run races and need to pick it up again! PS - That's really an interesting fact about the jumping jacks, I may have to do those after / before I run! xoox

    ReplyDelete