Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Color Run

This week's posts have all been about color! It was not planned that way, but just sort of happened along the way. I spied one of the coolest races that I have ever heard about. I am completely bummed that I missed the closest one (in Dallas) this past weekend. But, be sure to check out the Color Run website to see if there will be one near you this year.
It is a 5k race, but more like a run than an actual race. It is all about getting out and having fun with your family or friends while running. Each leg of the run is a different color. Literally, you get color thrown on you while you are running. Nothing about it is harmful in any way, the site states, except that you might get in trouble for having too much fun. I think this is a wonderfully creative idea to get people out to exercise.


Just the music in this video makes me want to participate!



How have your work-outs been going lately? My run on Monday was painful. I'm talking miserable every single step of the way. Sometimes it just happens and you have to push on through it.


Here are a few helpful tips to help you out this week.


I have not tried this smoothie yet, but the ingredients are on my grocery list to pick up next time I go to the store. It sounds so yummy to me.


Pineapple Mango Green Smoothie

1 cup almond milk (or milk of your choice)
1/2 banana, frozen
1 cup chopped mango
1/2 cup chopped fresh pineapple
2 cups fresh spinach
1/2 cup of ice

Blend together and enjoy!

via

5 comments:

  1. I was just talking to multiple of my friends last night about this fun and I think we are going to do it - it seriously just seems like so much fun.

    I haven't even been doing any sort of working out. I kicked my butt hard (at least I thought so) for three months and saw zero results. I just don't know what to do anymore. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got my team together last night, I want to do Chicago but it is sold out..they might be adding more spaces anyway we are now looking at KC or Nashville.

    this looks so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of the color run - that looks like so much fun!!! as in got off the treadmill the other day, I bought reese's cups within 5 minutes of finishing. I figure "fat tuesday" should last an entire week!? I need to start switching to smoothies instead at night!

    itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard about that run and I'm dying to do it when it comes to Charlotte in October!

    Sorry you had a bad run...shake it off and go out there and get 'em next time. Those are tough to have but it happens to everyone so don't think you're alone! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I was going to do a run, this would have to be it- how fun!! thanks for the fitness inspiration!

    ReplyDelete