Thursday, March 31, 2011
Posted by Hannah at 6:35 AM
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Monday, March 28, 2011
Sunday, March 27, 2011
Saturday, March 26, 2011
1. Do not be scared to shop in the Internet. I've heard lots of people say that they would rather be able to try clothing on in person. Yes, that is true, but you can often times get better deals online. If there is something you are dying to have, try in on in person and then look for it on the Internet.
2. Decide what you want to spend your money on. Is the latest trend really worth $300 a shirt? If you are going to spend that kind of money, spend it on something that is timeless, classic and will last many seasons. For the more trendy styles that won't last very long, visit stores like F21 and H&M.
3. Read clothing labels. Think polyester vs. rayon vs. silk.
4. There are lots of sites that will email you daily alerts of sales on brands that you enjoy. My Perfect Sale is one that I like.
5. ShopStyle is a great site that allows you to search for a certain item. I find it much easier to navigate than other similar sites. It also lets you create collages similar to Polyvore.
6. Thrift stores, consignment shops, garage sales and flea markets often have hidden treasures.
7. Retailers like TJMaxx and Marshalls sell name-brand clothing. Sometimes you have to dig a little, but I guarantee there is lots of good stuff to be found. This past week I saw Lilly Pulitzer pajamas, Jack Rogers sandals, Kate Spade earrings and Charles by Charles David heels.
8. RE-SELL your items. Take clothing to consignment stores. Or better yet, sell it yourself online.
9. Don't be afraid to shop on these sites. Check measurements and read the fine print from sellers. There are tons of good deals waiting to be found.
10. Sell clothing online in other forms--have a blog sale. Click here for J. Crew selling/looking for posts and here for Lilly Pulitzer items. There are many other online closets, too.
11. Payment for selling items online usually requires a Paypal account. This money can either be transferred into your bank account or you can use it to shop at numerous stores online. ShoeMall, chickdowntown.com, Ruelala, Hautelook, PurseLadyToo, Preppy Outlet, Amazon, Smart Bargains, and Overstock all accept Paypal.
12. Shop sample sale sites for great deals on all sorts of items. Ruelala, Gilt, Hautelook, Beyond the Rack, Zulily (great for moms and kids), and No More Rack (offers 8 deals a day) are among them.
13. Use Ebates!! We're talking cash back from where it pays to shop online!! Before you make any purchases online go here to see if they accept Ebates. Be sure to go through Ebates for Ebay, too.
If any of you have other sites to add to the ones above, please be sure to post a comment. Happy (bargain) shopping!
Friday, March 25, 2011
•Favorite color: My favorite color for decor is green. I have always been a green person.
•Gold or silver: Depends on what I am wearing or what I am decorating--I use both.
•Height: 5' 4"ish
•Instruments that you can play: I wouldn't really say play...violin when I was younger, piano when I was younger--I still plunk around on it sometimes.
•Job title: Teacher
•Mom’s name: CA
•Nicknames: Han, Hannie, Banana...
•Overnight hospital stays: I had an appendectomy the summer after my junior year of high school.
•Pet peeve: I cannot stand the sound of floss when it pops out of teeth.
Enjoy your weekend!
Thursday, March 24, 2011
A HUGE "Thank You" to all of you for being such amazing friends! Yesterday pushed me above 100 followers!
Starting next Monday I will be hosting a week of giveaways! I am extremely excited about all that it entails. I know this is short and sweet, but I have a jam-packed day today.