Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Weekend Recap

Like I said yesterday, this past weekend was tons of fun. Nothing crazy, but full of wonderful time spent with great friends. Let me clarify that from here on out, my college KKG friend, Ashley, will be referred to as Dr. Ash. She recently moved to town and started working at a brand new dental practice. I cannot stress to you enough what a blessing it is to have here here with me. Anywho, Dr. Ash and I headed to Fayetteville on Friday afternoon. Since we didn't get into town until around 8:00 pm, we scratched off eating on Dickson Street due to long wait times. Meeting friends for sushi was the perfect solution, and we ended up going back to my friend Jax's house for champagne after dinner. (Jax is my bestie who got married this past summer, had the beautiful green dresses and gave us the fantastic vintage earrings as gifts.)




On Saturday we had a delicious breakfast from Chick-fil-A, courtesy of Craig, Jax's new hubby. Lunch was with friends at my favorite chicken spot, Slim Chickens. Do you think we had enough chicken? Next we met the lady who we got our tickets from, and was served the best oatmeal cookies I've ever had. Seriously. I told her that I had to have the recipe, which I will be sure to share with you. After a quick stop at the cutest new store on the square, Savoir-Faire, Dr. Ash and I finally made it to campus and started tailgating, but we made sure to drive by the Kappa house on the way there.










Not sure what Dr. Ash and I were thinking, but we somehow ended up without any coats. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Thankfully we scored a couple from two guy friends or else we would have been miserable once the sun went down.




For those of you who don't know, we had a great homecoming victory over South Carolina. (Sorry Megan;)




Since Jax had to work, we opted to go home and hang out with her after the game instead of fighting the traffic and crowds on Dickson Street. Sunday we got out of bed to Craig's omlets and Pumpkin Lattes from Starbucks. Love that guy. The drive home was glorious with all of the fall colors bursting from the trees. It was indeed a wonderful and relaxing weekend!

Thanks so much for the feedback from yesterday's post. If you haven't commented, please be sure an do so. Last night at girls' night I made a beef and squash chili which I will be posting later in the week. Have a great day!

-Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome weekend! Glad you had so much fun! All those eatings sound so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a very fun weekend! Glad you had fun & enjoyed it...

    ReplyDelete