Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Be Thankful


I have seen lots of people posting to facebook or twitter each day things that they are thankful for having in their lives. I am not one who has participated, but it has prompted me to think each day of something else that I have been blessed with in my own life. We live in a society that so often focuses on "me" and what "I" want instead of others. It is easy to compare our lives to others and continuously want what is just beyond our reach. We lust after the friend's new handbag, we need that new pair of designer jeans to wear with a new shirt, you get the picture. This month we celebrate take the time out of our busy schedules to gather with family and reflect on our blessings. I encourage you to not just do it for one day, but each day to be mindful of all that the Lord has blessed you with, and in return thank him for all of his blessings.

*In comparison with the rest of the world we all live like kings and queens. I am thankful to live in the United States of America where I am free.

*My parents are the most wonderful parents that I could have ever asked for God to have given me. My sister is my very best friend in the whole wide world. My husband is my better half who is my leader and love of my life. And I am fortunate to have a wonderful set of in-laws who have welcomed me into their family and made it become my own.

*There is a roof over my head, a car to drive, a down comforter to pull up with I get cold and a festive wreath on my front door. Little things that are often taken for granted I have been blessed with to own.

*True friends who allow you to bare your soul and do not judge are hard to come by in life. I have been blessed beyond belief with such special people in my life who I am thankful for every single day. There are those friends who you don't talk to for months, but with just one phone call you realize you haven't skipped a beat. And then there are the ones you see every day of the week and never grow tired of seeing.

*Thank you Lord for sending your son to save me of my sins. For giving me a choice to make and you calling me one of your own. May I ever be mindful to be thankful for all of the many blessings you have give me, regardless of the circumstances I find myself in at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment